DIY Monogrammed Wine Glass

Posted in DIY, GAME ROOM, MAKEOVER CHALLENGES, SILHOUETTE PROJECTS
on November 10, 2016
I’m here today with a simple and easy example of how to create a cheap and simple DIY version of the popular embellished wine glasses I’ve been seeing around lately, with a vinyl stencil and a sharpie paint pen for this month’s Silhouette Challenge hosted by Cat at Pocketful of Posies.

*This post contains affiliate links, offered as a convenience to you. Any purchases made through these links result in a small commission towards the support of this blog, at no additional expense to you!

The Silhouette Creators Challenge - Dining Challenge
Houseful of Handmade – Homemade Decorative Napkins
Knock It Off Kim – DIY Monogrammed Wine Glass
Dwell Beautiful – Silhouette DIY Utensil Holder
Pocketful of Posies – DIY Christmas Quote Plates
It couldn’t be easier!
You’ll need:

Directions
1. Create your stencil, cut it, and transfer it to your glass, using the relief of the cutout. For further instructions on how to do this, you can check here.

2. Clean the glass with rubbing alcohol to get rid of any dirt or smudges.

3. Use your Sharpie pen to fill in the stencil.

4. Once done, put the glass on a baking sheet and put it in a cold oven. Then heat it to 350 degrees and keep it in there for 30 minutes. This will ensure the glass and paint are dish washer safe.

These were perfect for our new snack/wine bar in the Game room, but I also think they’ll look lovely on our Thanksgiving table!

Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to check out the other projects in this month’s dining related theme!

• Amy Dowling

That's great! I didn't know about heating it in the oven. You will be able to use those glasses for any occasion. Love them!

November 10, 2016 at 2:00 pm Reply
  • Pocketful of Posies

So beautiful Kim! These look like you spent a fortune on them! Pinning!

November 10, 2016 at 8:53 pm Reply
  • Erica Sooter

Oh these are too cute! Love the gold. What fun holiday tableware!

November 11, 2016 at 6:45 pm Reply
  • Melissa Lechner

Hi I LOVE these. Great gift ideas. Could you tell me the font you used? It's perfect. Also, which model silhouette do you use? And do you recommend only hand-washing these glasses? Thanks so much:)

November 13, 2016 at 2:11 pm Reply

Hi Melissa! Thanks so much! All great questions – let me see if I can fill you in on answers.. I use a Silhouette Portrait, which I like very much, but I think if I were purchasing new I'd probably go with the Cameo because it can take larger cuts of materials (I didn't think of that when I bought mine!). I used the Algerian font in 144pt. And, although they are dishwasher safe – it's not going to wash off if they make it in the top rack by mistake – like anything else metallic, yes, I would likely hand wash them. Thanks so much for coming by!

November 14, 2016 at 7:15 pm Reply
  • Rose-Marie

I have quite a few wine glasses not getting much use. I never thought of monogramming them, what a cool idea I'd love to try!

November 20, 2016 at 7:48 pm Reply
  • Julie Raye-Rod.

the crafts look so cute! Commented on all blog posts in the blog hop!

November 20, 2016 at 7:52 pm Reply